Just been in a non-WoW-y rut. More Star Wars-y. I still play WoW when I'm needed (still only 70 tank in the guild), and enjoying it, been playing a fair amount of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II and just this week began reading the Legacy of the Force series. Finished Betrayal last night. So good!
Anyway, two weekends ago we killed Attumen again. This was... how to phrase it... not a very smooth kill. We won first time, but it really could have gone better. But all things considered it showed us something very important. Anyway, it went something like this:
- Balance Druid in bear form and tanking gear goes in and starts to beat on.
- I go in after her and drop JoW on Midnight for Retribution Paladin to keep up.
- I miss Attumen spawning at 95% and he two shots the warlock.
- I grab Attumen before he can do any more damage and start to tank him.
- Not sure what happened right about here, but all I do know is bear off-tank goes down and Midnight proceeds to devastate Retribution Paladin, Rogue, and the Mage in under 10 seconds.
- Before the wipe is called I quickly grab Midnight and attempt to start tanking both. I succeed.
- Raid currently contains: Protection Paladin (me), Holy Priest, Holy Priest, Balance Druid who's healing, and a Hunter.
- In what has got to be one of the longest Attumen kills ever, we slowly ping him down. Battle lasts so long I need to reapply 15 minute Blessings to remaining members.
Afterwards we fought our way up towards Moroes and threw ourselves at him repeatedly, but to no avail. We did learn a lot though.
This weekend we easily took down Attumen, and I have declared him on farm status officially, and afterwards we took down Moroes in two tries. Considering that our two off-tanks are the Balance Druid in bear form and a Retribution Paladin with sword and board that's pretty damn good. After that we went and killed us some
On a related note we really need another tank. We have one warrior who's prot specced, but he's currently unable to login (his computer is borked), so right now we'd take about anyone else as long as they wanted to tank.
In other news, I'm less than 1000 rep away from exalted with both Cenarion Expedition and the Scryers. That will only leave me with needing to get exalted with the Consortium, getting my Netherdrake, and doing some heroics for BoJs for things I can do solo. Woot!