Monday, July 23, 2007

WoW Journal 2007-07-23

This weekend was very atypical for me.

Friday was an easy night, and Saturday I didn't play much because I actually went out to a party that night. *gasp* Yeah, my comic book store owner has an annual party (the "Tenleytown Throwdown"), and despite him being the owner of a comic book store it's a genuine party, not a geek gathering. You know... drinks, music, dancing, chatting, etc. Had a good time.

Sunday began with us taking a stab at Heroic Mana-Tombs. Without a CCer, it was really hard. We got to Pandemonious (which is really all we wanted) and dropped him, still no Balance Druid robe. :(

I logged out then, and came back around 7 for the weekend raid. Since I wasn't available on Saturday which left us mostly tankless, we moved the raid ahead one night. So we hit up Attumen and knocked him over like the loot piñata he is. Then went up to Moroes and one shotted him, albeit with a bit of difficulty (survivors = paladin x2, mage, druidx2) so we still have a bit of work to do on fine tuning that fight. Didn't help that we had the Shadow Priest and the MS warrior, nor that the off-tank for Moroes died early in the fight. But hey, a win is a win. Then moved onto Maiden of Virtue. Bad news is that it's really just not viable for me to tank her with my guild's current gear quality. Good news is we have a warrior tank who's available (swap out Shadow Priest for a Prot Warrior) and we brought him in and got her down on our second try, ever. :D After that we cleared to the journal for the quest and called it a night. I expect pretty soon we'll be adding a second night to our weekly raiding, once we smooth out the bumps on Moroes (damn butler!).

No comments: