Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I love my friends, but...

Occasionally I worry that I'm getting too arrogant. As I've mentioned before, I can be arrogant, but recently a hunter friend of mine actually topped anything I've done. We were running one of the TK 5-mans this weekend, and I ask if she reads Big Red Kitty. To this she gave a scoffing reply, that she already knew everything she needed to know about playing a hunter. I was floored. I mean, as I said, I sometimes act arrogantly, but holy gods... no matter what I know there's something out there that I can still learn. Some technique, some strat, some something I can still be taught. When she said this, I didn't bring it up, because not only were we in an instance, but she's a proud one, and that's just not a fight I need to pick. She's good, not perfect, but good, and knows it. She would fight me on it, and even if I did convincer her to check it out she would only do it as much as to meet what I asked, then say it said stuff she already knew. Need to pick your battles, and this just wasn't worth it. But it still just stunned me that anyone could think like that.

3 comments:

BRK said...

Hunters who don't read BigRedKitty need to have their head examined. It's the best hunter blog there is! Of course, this is just our unbiased opinion.

BigRedKitty

Kaziel said...

Unbiased... right. ^_~

Sean said...

I know a hunter like this! He's convinced that he is the best hunter on the server. Because he can double-trap or something.

I'll admit, he's not bad as far as hunters go. But part of being great at your class is knowing what other classes can do and working with that... something that eludes him.